1. Who are you? Tell us about your business, charity or endeavor.
I’m a mom, wife and loving founder of Children Mending Hearts. CMH is an organization that provides after-school programming for at risk kids with a focus on teaching empathy and global citizenry.
2. What is your best advice for someone with a great idea or starting their own business?
Start small. Never forget it is a BUSINESS and has to be run like a business. Take baby steps. Not grandiose. Know that any business takes a while and be patient. Dream Big. Dreaming is free.
3. Why did you decide to participate on The Project?
If I can can help others, I’m happy.
4. What do you love most about being an entrepreneur?
I run a charity and it’s very difficult to have to raise so much money everyday. But when I see a smile on a child’s face. It’s all worth it.
5. What has been your biggest win? And biggest failure?
Having my kids, marrying my husband and starting CMH.
I don’t think I’ve failed. I’ve stumbled and made mistakes but there was always a lesson and I made sure I learned from my mistakes. But I don’t look at it as failing.
6. Who or what has been the biggest influence in your career?
I was raised by my grandmother the first few years of my life. I was born on her birthday. And we formed a bond that would last a lifetime. She was a hugely successful farmer, world traveler and read 8 books a week until she was 97. She taught me the meaning of the words empathy, compassion and what it truly means to be a citizen of the world. She was my hero, guiding force, guardian angel and my biggest fan. I think of her everyday of my life!
7. Tell us a little about the boutique collection you have curated for The Project.
The boutique is curated around The Hippie with Heart. A world traveling, fun loving, take on the world and care for it too type of gal. I selected items I would love to see the world in and do right by, a little glamour and a whole lot of ease. I hope the fashion inspire all of us to give a little back, and definitely love along the way.